Recently our VP of Marketing, Mike Yaffe, wrote an insightful piece, Top 8 Security Insights for 2014, which was featured on a few publications last week. This was a “what we’re predicting in 2014″ type of article that goes into predictions and expectations for the new year around security and privilege. An excerpt and link to the full article follows. In the meantime, are there any predictions, trends or insights that we’ve missed? What do you see for the future of enterprise security in 2014? Feel free to leave your thoughts in our comments.
“It’s that time of year once again where industry experts across the board are looking into their crystal balls to provide insights into what businesses should be aware of in the information security world over the next year. At BeyondTrust, our Advanced Research labs, which are responsible for identifying the latest trends in enterprise security, have taken some time and identified what they believe will be the top eight pain points and “big deals” across the security landscape in 2014. Let’s take a look.
- Threat Vectors: 2014 Will Be the Year of Getting Back to Basics
- We’ll Close the Gap Between IT Operations and Security Teams
- We’ll Move Beyond Compliance Into “Real Security”
- We’ll See a Shift From a Prevention Mentality to Rapid Detection
- We’ll Get More Intimate With Our Assets
- Behavioral-Based Tracking of Anomalous Activities Will Become the Early Warning System
- Vulnerability Scan Engine Technology Will Become a Commodity
- R.I.P. Windows XP