17,000 security professionals descended on Moscone Center in San Francisco this week for the annual RSA pilgrimage of education, communication and motivation. Now that the event is over and everyone is heading back to their respective everyday roles, I thought I pass along a few observations to commemorate what was easily one of the better shows in the last couple of years for the security industry.
- Tweeting was rampant and #RSAC and #BeyondTrust got a lot of attention. My favorite retweet was a quote overheard at the show “I am just one more breach away from a budget increase”. Pretty sad but true observation that we need to have privileges misused in an organization and harm observed before budgets can be freed to implement a least privilege solution.
- Publications like eWeek set their lists of top 11 companies to check out at RSA and guess who was the first company on the list? That’s right…BeyondTrust!. Check out the cool slide show here.
- The new wave of instant blogging right from the show floor was also evident. Now readers could read as quick as the blogger could hit post about their observations from the floor. My favorite this year was Steve Ragan of The Tech Herald who reported on newly exposed vulnerabilities in some desktop least privilege architectures
- My absolute favorite post-RSA article though has to go to Robert Mullins of NetworkWorld entitled “Do you want competitors telling the world what’s wrong with your product?“
- iPads also seemed to be the swag of choice and BeyondTrust was no exception at handing out a few to those lucky enough to win the drawings from the over 1,000 people who visited our booth.
Thanks again to all of our customers and new prospects for making this the most successful RSA ever!