According to a recent McKinsey survey, more than 80% of employees now use personal smartphones for work-related purposes. Vulnerable smartphones can spread malware to business infrastructure via emailed attachments and to corporate networks through bots. Assessing mobile devices for vulnerabilities that could lead to infections and data manipulation is therefore a real concern for data privacy and security teams.
At BeyondTrust, we’ve offered solutions for mobile device vulnerability scanning since 2011. We recently updated Retina CS for Mobile with enhanced capabilities for pinpointing Android phone vulnerabilities before they can pose risks to your environment. The new release automatically receives updates from BeyondSaaS, BeyondTrust’s SaaS-based vulnerability scanning service, to assess Android phones for the latest vulnerabilities without requiring manual updates, installs, or any user intervention whatsoever.
If you have Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management deployed, you can use the included BeyondInsight console to view, analyze and act on vulnerabilities reported by Retina CS for Mobile. Android phone owners can also download the free Retina CS for Mobile Android app to conduct local scans and identify vulnerabilities on their own phones.
Retina CS for Mobile is the first and only product to integrate mobile device assessment and vulnerability management for proactively discovering, prioritizing and fixing smartphone security weaknesses. Benefits include:
- Reduced risk by extending vulnerability management to your BlackBerry, Android and ActiveSync-managed mobile devices
- Actionable vulnerability reports, both locally in the Retina CS for Mobile app and alongside enterprise vulnerability data in the BeyondInsight IT Risk Management Console
- Easier compliance via in-depth audit trails and reports of mobile vulnerability management efforts
- Increased efficiency by automating mobile phone vulnerability assessments
- Visibility into the vulnerability profiles of mobile devices accessing your network
- Streamlined remediation through severity-based mobile threat prioritization
- Coverage of mobile device hardware, applications and configurations via built-in and custom audits
Watch the video below for a quick demonstration of Retina CS for Mobile:
BeyondTrust leads the way in zero-gap vulnerability assessment coverage via our industry-unique cloud connectors to mobile device scanning agents. The updated Retina CS for Mobile agent makes it easy to extend secure computing and vulnerability assessment to the mobile devices that connect to and communicate with your infrastructure.