Did you know that the continuous protection feature in the PowerBroker Management Suite is unique in the market? You may have heard it referred to as continuous recovery or continuous backup.
What is it? – It’s like the undo feature found in MS Word but for Active Directory (AD).
- PowerBroker Auditor for Active Directory provides a continuous change log for modifications to AD to see exactly what has happened
- If you are looking at an unwanted or accidental change event you can simply click Rollback to undo the change through integration into PowerBroker Recovery for Active Directory
- No point in time backup required
Why is it important? – Accidental changes happen often through human error or automation such IDM synchronization or PowerShell scripts
- Not easy to know what changes have occurred without a real-time audit solution
- Time consuming to restore from backups, can take upwards of 20 minutes just to mount a backup at a large organization
- If restoring from a point in time backup you may lose good changes that have happened since the backup
Accidents happen frequently, make sure you have tools in place to deal with them quickly and easily.